SEA-DOO REC LITE SEGMENT
SEA-DOO SPARK REDEFINES ACCESSIBILITY AS THE INDUSTRY’S LIGHTEST AND MOST AFFORDABLE WATERCRAFT
Valcourt, Quebec, Sept. 12, 2014 – BRP redefined the marine industry by offering the most accessible watercraft on the market, the Sea-Doo SPARK. The fun and nimble Sea-Doo SPARK puts it into a class all of its own and at a price that makes the dream of owning a watercraft a reality. For 2015, the Sea-Doo SPARK will come with a flush kit standard and will provide greater customization with a host of new accessories including a new Tow Pro pylon, Variable Trim System (VTS), RF D.E.S.S. Key, and more graphic kits providing new ways owners can make the Sea-Doo SPARK their own.
The Sea-Doo SPARK is fun
The Sea-Doo SPARK model is compact and is the lightest watercraft on the market*1 providing a fun and playful ride. The Sea-Doo SPARK is easy to manoeuvre with a power-to-weight ratio close to 50% better than the closest competitive model making it playful and lightweight. It is ideal for short rides on smaller bodies of water and can still be used under rougher conditions by people looking for an exciting or more challenging ride. This model stands out with a stunning, one-of-a-kind look and comes in a variety of 5 colors and numerous customization options, so everyone can make it their own.
The Sea-Doo SPARK is accessible
The Sea-Doo SPARK model is the most affordable watercraft on the market, costing up to 35% less than the closest model2 and is the most fuel-efficient watercraft in the industry3. It is economical to operate and maintain, making Sea-Doo watercraft ownership accessible to more people than ever before. Its compact design and lightweight construction makes it easy to own, easy to tow with many popular compact sedans and simple to store. The ultra reliable Rotax 900 ACE engine family, the most compact and most economical to run, 4-stroke watercraft engine, powers the Sea-Doo SPARK model.
The Sea-Doo SPARK is part of a leading brand recognized for innovation.
BRP’s Sea-Doo design and engineering team developed an advanced concept for the structure of the vehicle to create the lightest watercraft on the market. Named Exoskel, this minimalist architecture gives the Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft an open-air upper deck appearance with a framework that consists of two forward swept “arms” securing the handlebar and rider connection area. The Exoskel minimalistic architecture keeps only the essential structural parts in the rider control area and maintains strength and durability. It reduces the weight while creating a modern and cutting-edge design that defines the uniqueness and maneuverability of the Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft.
The innovation of the Sea-Doo SPARK goes beyond the architectural design and extends into the advanced materials and processes used to create this watercraft. Over three years of research and development went into developing Polytec, a proprietary recipe of polypropylene and long glass fibers designed specifically for watercraft hull and deck applications. Polytec, is the “skin” of the Sea-Doo SPARK Exoskel providing structural integrity. This material is a recyclable, low density, high-impact resistant, lightweight composite material. Polytec further lowers the overall weight of the watercraft without compromising strength and durability, as has been proven through rigorous, heavy use testing in both fresh and salt-water environments.
Powering the innovative Sea-Doo SPARK model is the engine, the ROTAX 900 ACE, the most compact marine family of engines currently in the watercraft market. Designed specifically for delivering years of reliable fun, the ROTAX 900 ACE is an in-line three-cylinder 4-stroke power plant featuring iTC (Intelligent Throttle Control) system and CLCS (Closed-Loop Cooling System). Because the Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft is so light, its power-to-weight ratio is close to 50% better than the closest competitive model3, making it big in terms of fun factor.
ACE stands for Advanced Combustion Efficiency technology and it minimizes mechanical friction at the same time that it improves thermodynamic efficiency for optimal engine performance. This technology combined with the lightweight of the Sea-Doo SPARK model allows it to become the most fuel-efficient watercraft available4, with a fuel consumption that’s less than 2 gallons5 per hour. Finally, the Rotax 900 ACE engine is also environmentally friendly. In fact, emissions for the Sea-Doo SPARK are close to 13 times lower than similar models from the 90s and early 2000s6 while delivering the same pleasure and responsiveness.
After only one year on the market, the Sea-Doo SPARK has already become one of the industry’s most decorated watercraft of all time winning the 2014 NMMA Innovation Award, Red Dot Design award, Edison Silver Award, Boating Industry Magazine’s best new product and the Good Design award in Australia.
Create your own SPARK in 6 simple steps
In 6 easy steps, riders can personalize everything according to their necessities, personality, lifestyle and budget. From number of passengers, engine size, technology features such as Intelligent Brake and Reverse (iBR) system or the SPARK-exclusive Convenience Package to colour and accessories. Full details are available at www.sea-doo.com.
STEP 1: SELECT THE NUMBER OF PASSENGERS
• 2015 Sea-Doo SPARK 2up: the 2up option provides a capacity for two riders with a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs.
• 2015 Sea-Doo SPARK 3up: the 3up option is ideal for 2 adults and a child or teenager with a maximum weight capacity of 450 lbs. It has an elongated seat and platform
extension at the back. This added length provides more buoyancy and stability, plus towing capabilities as it provides seating for a spotter or a second passenger.
STEP 2: PICK YOUR ENGINE
• Rotax 900 ACE7– the most fuel-efficient engine on the market. It uses just 1.94 gallons8 of fuel per hour. This engine generates entry-level power and a top speed of 40 mph9 and is only available on the Sea-Doo SPARK 2up model.
• Rotax 900 HO ACE – a more powerful high-output engine with better acceleration and higher top speed that still uses only up to 2.4 gallons8 per hour of use. This engine adds power, Sport mode and has a top speed close to 50 mph9. This engine is available on both 2up and 3up models.
STEP 3: ADD THE WORLD’S FIRST ON-WATER BRAKE
The Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft is also available with the exclusive Intelligent Brake and Reverse (iBR) system, which gives riders the ability to stop up to 100 feet sooner than other watercraft10, and provides a level of control and peace of mind that has become associated with modern Sea-Doo watercraft. Sea-Doo’s exclusive iBR system provides added maneuverability and effortless docking that can be a great addition, especially for newcomers to the sport.
STEP 4: ADD THE CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
Sea-Doo’s Convenience Package includes popular optional items for Sea-Doo watercraft: a Front Storage Bin Kit to store your personal belonging, plus a Sea-Doo Step for easy reboarding.
STEP 5: PICK YOUR COLOUR
Riders can choose from Vanilla, Orange Crush, Bubble Gum, Pineapple or Licorice colorations to personalize their Sea-Doo SPARK model.
STEP 6: PERSONALIZE IT
Consumers can decide to select fully integrated accessories and one of our 26 Attitude Graphic Kits that will make their Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft unique to them. It’s a unique customization nobody else offers. A line-up of Sea-Doo SPARK clothing is also available.
Some of these innovative accessories include:
• Tow Pro: Three accessories in one; a tow pylon, spotter handle and equipment rack. Add more fun to pulling wakeboarders, wakeskaters, and skiers thanks to the higher tow point.
• Chill Shade: this innovative shade provides versatile protection both while on the water or on the beach.
• Sea-Doo Step: convenient step with knee-friendly surface for deep water reboarding and installs easily on the transom of the watercraft.
• Front Storage Bin Kit: Soft sided design matches the contours of the Sea-Doo SPARK to maximize storage. Available to be purchased separately as accessories.
• RF D.E.S.S. Key: Digitally Encoded Security System Key. Programmed with a unique key code that will only allow the matched Sea-Doo SPARK to start when engaged for added peace of mind.
• Manual Reverse Kit: This kit can be easily added to your Sea-Doo SPARK (non-iBR) to provide added manoeuvrability in docking and trailer loading.
• Side Protectors: This 3-piece rubber formed protector is specially designed for the Sea-Doo SPARK. Its curves and angles follow the design lines of the watercraft to enhance the look while protecting from small impacts and wear.
• Snap-In Fenders: these fenders offer extra protection when docking and can be quickly attached to front and rear pre-moulded holes.
• Sea-Doo SPARK Move II trailer has been specially designed for two Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft. This double trailer is 25% shorter and 30% lighter than other Move II trailers; so even loaded it can be towed by most common sedans.
• Speed Ties: Makes docking easier than ever with seven feet of retractable dock lines at the helm and transom that effortlessly stows out of sight.
The SPARK watercraft carries the Sea-Doo DNA while wearing it in the Exoskel architecture and Polytec material providing a stunning look and ability for consumers to “make it their own.“ The Sea-Doo SPARK model is the most accessible watercraft in the industry being up to 35% less expensive than the closest model2, the most fuel-efficient3, and easy to tow and to store. But most of all, the Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft is compact and lightweight and an absolute blast to ride.
From recreational riding, to performance, to luxury or tow sports, BRP has a Sea-Doo model specially designed for every type of rider. The full line-up of Sea-Doo watercraft provide avant-garde styling, precise, superior handling and great value – delivering many years of fun for the best on-water experience your family can dream of.
1 Source: Manufacturer’s website; Four stroke watercraft only.
2 Source: Manufacturer’s website. Prices vary according to product specification.
3Source: Manufacturer’s and the Air Resource Board websites. Power-to weight ratio varies according to product specifications.
4 Based on BRP internal testing and information on manufacturer’s websites. Testing of competitive model done under identical conditions.
5 Based on BRP internal testing of the Rotax 900 ACE6 engine.
6 Source: Air Resource Board website
7 Featured exclusively on the Sea-Doo SPARK 2up without Intelligent Brake and Reverse (iBR).
8 Based on BRP internal testing.
9 Based on BRP internal testing. Actual top speed may vary depending on loading and other conditions.
10 Based on BRP internal testing. Based on commercially available competitive models as of August 2014; iBR is not available on the SPARK 2up with the Rotax 900 ACE engine.
Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Evinrude, Johnson, Can-Am, Spyder Rotax, SPARK, GTI, GTR, RXP, RXT, WAKE, iBR, D.E.S.S., iTC iControl, T3, S3 and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. GTX is a trademark of Castrol Limited used under license.
All product comparisons, industry and market claims refer to new sit down watercraft with 4-stroke engines. Watercraft performance may vary depending on, among other things, general conditions, ambient temperature, and altitude, riding ability and rider/passenger weight. Testing of competitive models done under identical conditions. Not all functions available for all models. Model names may differ for international markets. Please note some models may not be available in all regions. Please contact your local BRP representative for more information.