Friday, April 26 – Sunday, April 28, 2013 – Wavedaze 2013 is a 3-day national personal watercraft (PWC) recreational and family social entertainment event that provides an opportunity to showcase the positive aspects of PWC’s as recreation and a sport.
Rate is for 1-2 people in the room and they charge $10/ni for each additional person.
All rooms in the hotel have a view of the beach and the Wavedaze ride area! There are also some adjoining rooms available.
Check-in time starts at 3PM on Friday and check-out is 11AM on Sunday.
Parking is available to Quality Inn guests in the first 3 floors of the 9th street parking garage. Floors 4-5 are public parking. This garage is across the street from the hotel. This hotel has the best parking in the area for trailers and big trucks.
You should be fine this time of year with the default route provided by your favorite map app, but we have our share of traffic at times so it’d probably be best to go ahead and check traffic within your app just in case. Waze is a nice app.
Word up if you are looking for more help with directions.
The Quality Inn’s parking is about the best for trailers and big trucks. Street-side and garage parking information for the Resort area is available from Va Beach’s website.
Friday, April 26th
Launched 6 October 2007
Personal information WHEN: April 26-28th, 2013
WHERE: Virginia Beach Oceanfront between 6th and 12th Streets
CHARITY EVENT: All funds received benefit Local Charities and The AWA. Funds will be raised through registration fees, corporate sponsors, and raffles.
Personal interests FACTS:
**WaveDaze 2012 in April was the biggest ever with over 215 PWCs participating!!**
1. Wavedaze was first held October 6th & 7th 2007 Raising $2000 for charity with 60 Plus skis.
2. Wavedaze 2009 was held October 2nd – 4th 2009 and raised over $5300 with 135 skis from 20 states and
3. Registration for each watercraft is $35 during the event, $25 to early registrants, $25 to AWA members any time.
4. The event is set up to introduce newcomers and enthusiasts that share a common interest – the love of the sport of
personal watercraft riding.
5. The event is open to all watercraft enthusiasts and it is free to watch the events
6. We are expecting more than 200 participants from 31 different states and Canada.
7. The American Watercraft Association (AWA) will be present to help promote PWC Safety
8. Professional sound systems, banners, canopy tents, and sponsor displays will set the stage for a truly
There will be many special events and programs that will take place during this exciting event including:
1. Raffles, auctions, games, contests, competitions and prizes!
2. A shoreline cruise on the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay!
3. Neptune challenge: An open ocean endurance ride!
4. Custom watercraft competition!
5. The Capehenery Poker Run